Text Size:  A  A  A


The answers to frequently asked questions below are general in nature and do not modify the terms of their respective Plans. You should refer to the related Summary Plan Description for more specific information regarding each Fund's Plan.

Top Frequently Asked Questions

To what address should contribution check(s) and remittance report(s) be sent?

Contribution checks with accompanying reports should be sent to the Employer Contribution lockbox at:  


IATSE National Benefit Funds, P.O. Box 11944, Newark, NJ 07101-4944.

How do I submit a claim via the website?

1. Log into the website at www.iatsenbf.org

2. Accept the terms and conditions

3. You will be brought to your dashboard. Under the Health & Welfare column is the new "MRP History/New Claim" button.

     Click this button to:

  • Upload a new claim
  • Upload additional information for a previously submitted claim
  • Check the status of a claim
  • View existing claims
  • See what is covered/reimbursable
  • Download a claim form


4. When you click on “Submit New Claim” a certification and conditions of reimbursement box appears. You MUST check this box to go to the next step. Check the box and click on proceed.

5. The “New Claim Submission” box will come up.  You must click on the applicable patient you are uploading claims for. Click on the applicable patient and click on the “Step 2” button.

6. You will be asked to verify your address and direct deposit information (if applicable). You can modify both in this screen. If you are currently receiving direct deposit you have the option of switching to paper check and vice versa.

7. After reviewing your address and direct deposit information, click on the “Step 3” button which brings you to the upload claims screen.

8. Click on “browse”, find the document in your computer system and click on “upload”. The files that are uploaded will show below the “Claim Documents”. Once you have finished uploading claims, click on “Submit Claim”. You will receive a web reference # for your submission.

9. You have the option of clicking on “Submit Another Claim” or “Go to MRP Claims Homepage”.

10. If you click on “Go to MRP Home Page” it will bring you back to the initial “My Claims & Reimbursements Summary” screen.

If an amount is overpaid or submitted in error on a remittance report, can a credit be taken on a future report/payment?

No, the Funds do not allow credits.  ALL REMITTANCE REPORTS SUBMITTED MUST BE PAID IN FULL.  For mistaken payments or overpayments, a refund may be requested by written demand to the Fund Office.  For more information please refer to the Employer Contributions and Collections Guidebook.

Can a CBA include language allowing employees to opt in or opt out of receiving contributions?

No.  Employee choice to opt in or out of a specific Fund, or the amount they wish contributed, is not permissible. 

Can employee salary deferral payments be submitted on behalf of employees electing to do so?

If there is language allowing for deferrals in the underlying CBA AND the criteria is met allowing for deferrals as set forth by the IATSE National Annuity Fund (only), deferrals can be accepted upon the Fund’s receipt of the required employee authorization form.  Such form is required for EACH employer for which such employee performs covered work. More information is described in the Employer Contributions and Collections Guidebook as well as the IATSE Annuity Fund Summary Plan Description and IATSE Annuity Fund Summary Plan Description - Spanish booklets.

How will I receive my reimbursement?

You will receive a check in the mail along with an EOB (Explanation of Benefits). Or, if you opted for direct deposit, only the EOB will be mailed to you.


If you would like to have your payment directly deposited to your bank account, you must fill out a direct deposit form or go to our website, log into your account and click and the “change direct deposit information” tab to enter your banking information. Note, once an MRP direct deposit form/website request is received, a pre-notification file must be sent to your bank first. Once the pre-notification has been successfully sent and your bank confirms that the banking information submitted is correct, the next reimbursement you receive will be sent via direct deposit. The verification of the account can take up to two weeks and can take longer if the account information is not entered correctly the first time. Please be sure to update your direct deposit information immediately if your banking information changes. Direct deposit information cannot be updated over the phone. Your payment will be directly deposited to your account once the claim has been processed and a separate explanation of benefits will be sent via mail. The explanation of benefits is also viewable online via the website at www.iatsenbf.org.


Before you fill out the direct deposit form, be sure you know your bank’s routing number and your account number. If you have a checking account, this information can be found on the bottom of a check (see image).

sample check















Why are we required to report actual days worked when reporting to the Pension Fund, even if our rate is not based on a daily rate?

The number of days worked is necessary in determining both pension and vesting credits regardless of the contribution rate.  You must report full salary amounts, in addition to days worked, for all employees whose contribution rate group is based on a percentage of salary. The number of days worked for which you are required to make a contribution determines a participant’s vesting service in  the Pension Plan as well as the amount of benefit they have earned at their time of retirement.   Salary is required due to IRS required monitoring.


In addition, you are required to report all employees full salary amounts to monitor numerous  IRS limits, such as Highly Compensated Employees, IRC 401(17)(a), etc., as required by the IRS for the Annuity Fund.   All remittance reports with annuity contributions must contain full salary, and if applicable, the salary on which you are basing the contributions if different from the full salary. 

What is needed for the contribution rates in a CBA to be changed or re-allocated?

Unless specifically set forth in the CBA, the contributions rates can only be changed if there is a successor agreement or a side letter, addendum or MOA to the current agreement.  

Why does the work location need to be reported?

Besides often helping to confirm that the correct contribution rate has been submitted, the work location is needed for tax purposes, most specifically the different tax requirements for work performed in Puerto Rico.

What eligible expenses can be claimed for reimbursement?

You may refer to the Plan C-MRP Guidebook and R-MRP Summary Plan Description for a detailed list of qualifying expenses that are eligible for reimbursement in accordance with the IRS definition and Publication 502. Some of the most common eligible expenses are:

  • Medical co-payments, prescription co-payments, co-insurance amounts and deductibles
  • Insurance premiums (post-tax and employer/union sponsored health plans only)
  • Dental expenses
  • Vision expenses

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12