Text Size:  A  A  A


The answers to frequently asked questions below are general in nature and do not modify the terms of their respective Plans. You should refer to the related Summary Plan Description for more specific information regarding each Fund's Plan.

Top Frequently Asked Questions

Can contributions be accepted after a CBA has expired?

Yes.  When a CBA and full Trust Acceptance Document is in place, the Funds Office will continue to accept contributions under the expired CBA at the same contribution rate required at the time the CBA expired until such time as there is a successor CBA OR if both parties to the agreement advise the Funds in writing that the bargaining unit covered by the CBA is no longer covered. 


* Note that the Funds will continue to contact the parties for a new CBA each time contributions are received after the current CBA has expired.  In that respect, the bargaining parties are required to advise the Funds’ Contracts Department of any extension to which they have agreed during the time of negotiations for a successor CBA.

What documents can be used if an employee requests a re-direction of their benefit contributions to another Fund?

If the contributions would have been submitted to the MPIPHP under the agreement, qualified employees can fill out the “IATSE NBF as Home Plan” document in order to have them re-directed to the IATSE National Benefit Funds.  Note that both the IATSE NBF and the MPIPHP have criteria which must be met in order for the Home Plan to be approved.  A copy of the Home Plan can be found in the Forms section of this website.


For USA829 members working under an agreement in which contributions would be submitted to the MPIPHP, there is a special Home Plan which enables the health and annuity contributions to be re-directed to the IATSE National Benefit Funds and pension contributions directed to the USA829 Pension Fund.  A copy of this Home Plan can also be found in the Forms  section of this website.


For re-directions involving Benefits Funds other than the MPIPHP, a different re-direction MOA or sideletter would be necessary, to be signed by the employee, the signatory employer and the signatory union party.  The Home Plan would not be applicable in those situations.  Contact the Contracts Department for more information by calling us at 1-800-456-3863.

How long will it take for my claim to be processed?

All claims are processed within 30 days of the receipt date of the MRP claim.

How do I know how much I have available for claims reimbursement(s)?

You can check your balance by logging into the Funds website at www.iatsenbf.org. Click the "current coverage" link under the Health & Welfare panel on your main Dashboard page. Your "ending balance" is the amount available for reimbursement of qualified, previously unreimbursed, medical expenses or post-tax health insurance premiums. You can also obtain your balance by calling the Participant Services Center at 1-800-456-3863 or by referring to your Plan C quarterly statement. Please note, your on-line balance will be different from your statement if claims were processed after the statement was generated.

Is there a fee for processing my reimbursement claim?

Yes. An administrative fee is charged for processing all MRP claims. The chart below details the current fees:


Amount of Claim Eligible for Reimbursement

Administrative Charge as % of Claim









$2000 or more


Where can I get an MRP claim form?

Claim forms are available on the Fund’s website at www.iatsenbf.org by clicking on the “Applications/Forms/Documents” link under Participant Quick Links on the main landing page. Or, in the “search” box, enter Medical Reimbursement claim form and hit submit. You can also obtain a form by requesting one through Participant Services Center by calling 800-456-3863 or via email at psc@iatsenbf.org. Please check back often to obtain the most current claim form.

If a qualifying expense is not covered in full by my other group coverage, do I have to provide proof of payment to the provider before I can get reimbursed?

No. You only need to submit an explanation of benefits document from your other group coverage and itemized statement from your provider along with a completed and signed MRP Claim form.

Where do I mail my claim form for reimbursement?

Make sure you have signed your claim form. Attached all itemized, current bills and your other coverage EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from your insurance company and mail to:


I.A.T.S.E. National Benefit Funds

417 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor

New York, NY  10016

Attn: MRP Claims


Or, you can also upload your claims via the Fund’s website at www.iatsenbf.org. Be sure to include all documents listed above and sign the electronic consent certificate on the Fund’s website.

Can reimbursement be sent directly to my provider?

No. Payments can only be issued to the participant.

Can I submit insurance premiums for my dependent who is not enrolled in employer or union sponsored group health coverage?

No. All dependents must be enrolled in an employer or union sponsored group health coverage plan for each to be eligible to submit claims for reimbursement.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12